Monday 2 March 2015

OUGD603 - Extended Practice: YCN Whistles (Initial Research)

I have now decided that I am going to do the Whistles brief. It was on my initial list of briefs to complete and I had decided against it not long ago. However, now that I am not working towards the RSA Water For All deadline with Jordan, I feel as though I have enough time to complete the work. 

Another reason for me completing this brief, is the fact that the other night I had another idea for a project. The idea was to create a miniature mock up of a window display for a well known high street store such as Liz Earle or The White Company. I then had a discussion with a couple of friends and they asked whether this idea could tie in with any of the live briefs. I have therefore decided that the Whistles brief would be perfect, as I can produce a window display as part of a marketing campaign for the perfume and the perfume packaging.

Below is some of the initial research I carried out. I found some examples of work from a studio in London called Sarah Feather Design. Coincidentally, the work that they do actually covers displays which have been produced for Liz Earle as well as many other well known brands. 

I feel as though this brief is going to be very beneficial to me, as it will enable me to broaden my range of skills and also offer an alternative project to include in my portfolio. Large scale design is something I am becoming more and more interested in and I have even been considering set design and window displays as a career route, due to the fact that if I decide to be a packaging designer, there won't always be opportunities for me to produce the packaging by hand, as it will often be manufactured in bulk. This is the part of the process I enjoy the most so I feel as though it is important that I find a career which is well suited to my needs and skills. 




















Sarah Feather Design SpaceNK April 2013 Window Display

Sarah Feather Design SpaceNK

Sarah Feather Design SpaceNK

Sarah Feather Design SpaceNK April 2013 Window Display






Pratt + Paper & Ralph Pucci at Macys visual merchandising



No comments:

Post a Comment