Monday 18 May 2015

OUGD603: Extended Practice: Design Publication (Development)

When I was trying to work out what to include in my publication I decided to write out a list of things I do when answering a brief. I write lots of lists to stay organised, then carry out research (primary where possible) I then try to come up with a variety of designs, prototype, refine them and then apply the final idea to the final outcome. With this in mind I thought I would be able to come up with an idea of how to present all of the information, but I really struggled. 

All of the pieces of paper below have been scanned in and also included in the file I handed in as part of my submission. They explain how I have had crits with various people and how one idea led to another.

At one stage I felt like I was overcomplicating the work for myself and trying to come up with an idea which was too far fetched, given the time I have to complete this brief. It then took one person to say to me, just produce a well designed publication in your own way and make it really clean and simple, for me to feel comfortable with the idea. 




Below are all of my layout designs which have been drawn out in detail so that I know exactly what to do when it comes to transferring the information to a digital format. 










I then started to experiment with the layout of the pages. This is the initial design I came up with. Every other page has a quote on it which I have thought of myself, or taken from 'The Secret' book. I experimented with placing speech marks on the page to highlight the quotes, but then felt as though this looked too busy and unnecessary.


I decided the strip the design right back and keep it simple. Below are all of the pages I designed. The interaction page is one of my favourites, the tab pulls open to reveal the heading underneath. I also love the page which has an envelope on it to reveal a message inside. I am really pleased with the overall outcome and feel proud to have produced this piece of work.

This is also a publication which I could use for employment, I could take the publication along with me to give people an opportunity to read a bit about me as a person in a more interesting way to simply reading through a CV.




























No comments:

Post a Comment